CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Check out my cake blog!

Friday, August 31, 2007

Work

Work.

Ive been working at my new job for two weeks now and all i have to say is this: EASY.

Coming from abakery where you hardly got a 5 minute break for 8 hours of work, then going to this job and feeling like im on break for the whole eight hours is great-ish.

My new bosses are a married couple with four children. Two of which are younger than me. The first week of my employment I was given an assignment of organizing three boxes full of papers and artwork from 2006-present. Fun. Seeing as there was nothing else to do, i finished the job in two days. After that I became a babysitter to Peter who is an 8-9yr old boy going into middle school and who now, as i was informed by my boss Teresa, has the hotts for me. hehe. I would lug him around with me to run errands and pick up food for the workers.

One fun incident i had with Peter was at Walmart. We were getting chicken from the deli and he kept on telling me how his parents always got te family meal. So, i got that for everyone. What a mistake! The lady handed me a HUGE box filled to the top with fried chicken. 60 pieces were in that box for seven workers!! Then as i was eating he says:

"Amber., this isnt even real chicken. I bet its like McDonalds- all they do is throw the whole chicken into the grinder, grind everything up, feathers and beaks and everything- then mold it to look like chicken".

Yum.

Anywho, my job is effortless. I spend 5 hours of the 8 playing games. But the people are fun.

I am now the champion of solitare.

1 comments:

no_iffer said...

A post! Yippee! I am glad you are liking your new job. It's nice to have some down time at work. And a little crush - so cute. :)