CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Check out my cake blog!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Picadillo Tacos


Copying mom's idea on posting her recipes, im sharing with yall one of my favorite taco recipes that jerry has shown me. Its quick, easy, and yummy.
Ingredients:
1 lb ground meat (or ground turkey if your trying to watch your weight)
1 onion, chopped
1-2 Jalapenos copped
2 cloves garlic
4-6 juicy, ripe tomatoes diced
2-3 butter potatoes
Salt
Cumin


throw onion, jalapenos, and garlic in pan with a little oil.
Next, add the defrosted meat and brown. Drain excess fat/grease from pan
Cut tomatoes and potatoes. I like bite-sized potatos, but you can cut them however you like. Make sure you have plenty of tomatoes as this is what makes the tacos nice and juicy later.Finished tomatoes and pot's. Drool.Before adding to the pot, sprinkle salt on tomatoes and potatoesAdd them to the pot and give it a good stirNo add the cumin and salt. make sure you taste the meat every five minutes to check the flavorCover pot and let simmer. In the meantime, warm the tortillas. I LOVE Guerrero tortillas heated in a skillet. they are to die for.While warming the tortillas, keep an eye on the meat. It should be getting nice and juicy. Once the potatoes are soft, its ready to go.Serve in the warm tortillas topped with salsa of your choice, avocado, cheese or whatever you like!

3 comments:

Tammie said...

Yummy! I'm making these this weekend! Thanks for sharing

Kia said...

ohh those look so yummy and easy to make! I'm definately going to make them!

Gema said...

Thanks, Amber--I can't wait to try these. I am planting so many tomato plants I need all the recipes I can get for using fresh tomatoes. These sound scrumptious. I thank Jerry for teaching you.