CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Check out my cake blog!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge


My office is doing the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Challenge. The Prize? $300+. Im really excited about it. Ive been thinking and wanting to lose weight for a long time, but always shrugged it off and ate another oreo.

Im not doing anything drastic, i dont want to set my self up for failure by buying all low carb/sugarless food which i hate. Im starting off by getting rid of all the junk food. (Goodbye Oreo's, Peanut butter filled cookies and Dr. Pepper) Im going to cook every night so that there will be no more late trips to Wendy's. Im going to exercise and joing a gym.

Thats right, a gym.

Never in my life have a joined a gym or had the desire to do so. I always pictured skinny, rude, pretty girls in sports bras and hip hunging capris looking at my love handles,belly pooch, and flabby arms with disgust. I know they arent all like that(im sure some are) so im going to put my toe in the water and see how it feels. (thats an awesome metaphor, i know). Theres a place here in town thats open 24/7 which is nice because sometimes jerry works late and i wont be able to make it that afternoon, i can go early the next morning to make up for it. Leann from work said that theres no thick necked jocks or prissy girls.

I've also been running in the morning and walking with hayden in the afternoon. our first little walk ended up behind the apartment complex where theres a retirement home set up. A little old man saw hayden and just fell in love. hayden was laughing and smiling at him. The man just laughed and held haydens hand. it was really sweet. He told me next time we need a walking partner to go knock on his door.

Today was the weigh in. i weigh twenty pounds more than i did before i was pregnant. My goal: 10 lbs. I figure its a good number that i can accomplish without feeling like im so far away from reaching it. if i pass it, great!

Wish me luck

3 comments:

tpot said...

I know you can do it! Go for it.

no_iffer said...

YOu can totally do it! I can't wait to hear the updates! :)

Gema said...

I know you can do it. Hey, I will walk with you anytime you wanna come over here. My goal is to lose 20 pounds. But why, oh why, is it that when you make that decision your sweet tooth just starts demanding sugar. I have been craving sweets the last two days. Tomorrow the chickens get all the leftover Christmas goodies!!!
Keep me updated--and bug Don to get your bike fixed and I will do the same for getting my bike fixed and we can let him watch Hayden and you and I can go bike riding.