CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Check out my cake blog!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas

We had a great christmas. It wasnt stressful to prepare for and i had so much fun just watching everyone. I loved that Hayden actually got that the presents were for him from other people. Ive got to say- once we unpacked his loot at home I saw four or five things that I hadnt seen him open. Like a Leap Frog toy... I thought hayden had smuggled it out of Aubies house. Jerry got me a LookBook- which is acopycat of the Kindle. I love it. A lot. Apparently it has bad reviews compared with the Kindle but so far im digging it. Im currently reading Little Women. Ive never actually read the book- just watched the movie- and ive got to say the book is a lot better. I was bummed that Gema, don, and Beki had to leave so early :( no late night card/domino games.

On a side note.. ive been looking at classes at ACC for cake/pastry design. Ive been doing a lot of cakes for strangers and im really liking it. Also baking for Christmas was super fun, i love being able to do something that allows me to be creative and get money from it. The melted snowmen cookies that I made for haydens school fundraiser all sold :) along with the snowmen kabobs. And ive always loved baking. I really enjoyed working at the bakery.. when the boss wasnt there and Lisa would show me tips and how to decorate cakes. Ive always been afraid to choose one thing that I want to do the rest of my life.. how is that even possible, right? But I always go back to baking. So.. im considering the ACC courses. Realistically i wouldnt be able to start until 2012 after Jerry gets back, but itd be worth it. Plus they have bakery management classes which would be awesome. I just keep thinking that Id love to open my own little bakery but I have no idea where I would open it at. Here in Marble Falls theres HEB, Walmart, and Brothers.. which seems like more than enough for this small town. Am i wrong? and Burnet is .. well.. depressingly down. I like Marble Falls. Maybe jerry could convert the garage to a kitchen with work tables and I could just do cakes on the side. Who knows. So much to think about.

Sorry.. im rambling.

Back to the main topic,
Christmas was very very good. It was fun having Jennifer, Mace, Grace and Zane there. Grace is so big.. shes actually able to play cards without having to have us walk her through each play.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

1 comments:

Tammie said...

It was fun, wasn't it? I had a great time, with all the family there. Plus, it wasn't too stressful. The best part was having my daughter and her wonderful hubby there, seeing my grandson's face light up, and having our Fort Worth family there for the first time. Can't beat Christmas!