CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Check out my cake blog!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Im not a big fan of Halloween. But each year I, for some reason, decide to grab a costume at the last minute to take him to a party/church carnival. This year was the same thing. I waited until the Saturday before halloween to get him his costume. Not a bright idea. Everything Walmart had was way too small for him. I asked him what he wanted to be and he kept saying "baby lion". So.. I decided to make his costume this year! I got a brown hoodie from walmart and brown sweatpants for about $10. Then I got 1/2 yard of light brown, dark brown, and a yellowish brown fabric for the mane for $5. One dollar more for a cheap sewing kit and voila. I was able to make hayden a cute costume! I looped the fabric to make his mane. The hoodie had logos on the front and side, so I made "patches" to cover them. I didnt get a picture of the finished patchwork lion, but the ones i got when i finished the hood came out cute! And all for only $16 dollars and an hour of my time. The tail was my favorite. I had light wire left over from a cake I had made and I sewed it between to pieces of felt so that I could keep the tail elevated and not let it just hang there lifeless. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. We took hayden to the First BAptist Church for a Halloween "carnival" they were doing. Basically they just had a bunch of booths for kids to play games to earn money.


1 comments:

Tammie said...

You are incredible. And he is super cute!