CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Check out my cake blog!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Support

I know i've already mentioned that I signed up for a 26 mile bicycle ride on saturday. Ive been practicing every day and preparing myself mentally for the ride. At first, I didnt realize just how long 26 miles would be. I figured i'd pack plenty of snacks and water and stop whenever I felt too winded, sit down, read a little (I kid) and continue riding when I felt up to it. As the days grew near and people's reactions went from amusement, to shock, and then doubt that I would actually finish the ride, I started feeling like it was a personal challenge to myself. I had to finish. I'm a lightweight when it comes to pushing myself to continue something once I tire of it, but i really want to do this. On Sunday I checked the weather reports and guess what? Its supposed to rain. Not only rain, but thunderstorm on Saturday. What the heck?? Why is it that each day that seems significant to me (please remember the mind numbingly cold December 5th day I chose for my wedding) always turn out to be horrible weather that tries to inhibit my plans? Monday passed, then Tuesday and as Wednsday snuck upon me I recieved word that it would, indeed, be rainy and wet and my fellow 26mile riders wouldnt be up to riding in the rain- which makes complete sense. But is it nuts that I still want to go on with my plans? I contacted the coordinator of the ride. He said rain or shine the ride would still be on. I just feel like its another negative situation trying to stop me from getting to my goal. I really want to do this for me. I know that if I finish, ill be so proud that I did it despite all the people who didnt think I would, and despite the challenges that were thrown at me (darn rain). So.. I decided to do it. Im getting some sporty sunglasses (repels the water and will hide my tears as my muscles/fat rolls scream for me to stop and replinish their cheeto supply) and im going to peddle my butt off to make it 26 miles to the finish marker. Then eat me a darn good lunch.

Please bring me some soup on Sunday- im sure ill either be passed out on the couch, unable to move, or suffering from a severe cold from being wet, cold, and exhausted for several hours.

1 comments:

Tammie said...

I'm proud of you! You are stronger than you give yourself credit for.