CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Check out my cake blog!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

:) I did it


We drove 3 hours and checked into our hotel at 11:30.
I woke up early and squeezed into my padded bicycle shorts, double sports bra, cute new biking shirt and shorts and placed on my helmet.
We met mom at the starting line.
We started ten minutes late.
Four hours later, I finished the 26 mile ride right behind mom. J Then we both devoured an Italian lunch. Yum.

I cried a little when I saw the end. I don’t know if it was because I was so proud that I had finished or that I was so grateful to not be passed out unconscious on the side of the road ten miles back- bc it almost happened...twice.

I’m so glad that I signed up for the ride, it was a really.. err.. I wouldn’t say FUN.. but enjoyable. I’m really happy that mom decided to come after all. If she hadn’t the ride would have been kind of boring. I did hold her back though, I’m a wimp on hills. The weather was perfect for a first timer. It was cloudy, had a cool breeze, and drizzled just a little. Here are some pictures:











This (above) is the trail map. We were on the yellow highlighted route. Where my grubby index finger (sorry guys, my bike chain kept falling off) is pointing- yah that’s where we thought we were currently standing. Im Pretty sure we were being generous..















This is me about halfway to the halfway stop. My face turns bright red when I’m flushed, or tired, or doing anything that makes me work my muscles. I was all three. The helmet makes me look sporty and awesome, I know.











This is a pic off a hill I had conquered.
And thats pretty much all the pictures i took. Mom was waiting for me at the top of the next hill and I was scared I was taking too long.




1 comments:

no_iffer said...

You rock! I am so excited you did it! For the record, I tried to comment on your post about wanting to do it, but I was having major computer issues. Anyway, I'm so glad you did! I totally get the tears when you see the finish line thing. It's like so many emotions you just don't know what to do! Not that I ever got close to 26!!!miles though! You're superwoman! ;)
Totally impressed.
and inspired. :)